Monday, August 20, 2012

sizzlin' hot!

It has been hot, hot, HOT these last couple days with being in the mid 90's.  Here in Washington we only get a few days that hot and with no AC we do our best to stay cool.  With the beach so close we end up spending most our day there.    It is usually a few degrees cooler on the beach and there is such a lovely breeze that makes it much more bearable.  :)


More beach time = more stitching time!  So no complaining from me.

Yesterday I basted some hexies.  1 inch and 3/4 inch.  Today I'll be stitching some 1/2 inch and 1 1/4 inch.   When I was at the beach with Tasha last week we thought a project showing the different size grandmothers flower gardens would be cute.

I had lots of interest about my cute little house sewing box from my last post and wanted to share about it.  It is from Cath Kidston, and I bought a couple years ago online.  Cath Kidston is what got me hooked on the sweet vintage shabby chic style.  I had gotten a catalog and since then my love has grown a ton...as you can see.  :)


This morning I made a cute liner for my wicker bag that I had gotten at a sweet little shop during my beach retreat.  The liner was black and not so cute, so the new Flower Sugar came to the rescue!   Doesn't it make the perfect beach bag!  I it!!

I added some cute aqua ruffle crochet trim from Riley Blake.

 
On the car ride home from Oregon I finished up stitching my jewel stars.  I'm planning on adding a border to it and making it into a lap size like this one of Nettie's.  I can't wait to see it all finished!


Some pictures of our beach trips.  :)

 A little starfish the kiddos found.


The lighthouse at Fort Wardon



For shop news...I received more of the Antique Flower in Pastel.  I had been on a waiting list and am so excited that I got more!!  I had lots of convos asking if I'd be getting more so wanted to let you know I got it.  Yippee!!


I've listed them as fat quarter bundles right now to make sure there is enough for everyone who missed out the first round.




Hugs,



12 comments:

  1. Oh I'll take your 90's...We are up to 108 degrees here..YUCKY!!! And being pregnant to boot. No fun. I have been wanting to try the English Paper Piecing but fear I am not patient enough for hand sewing. However, seeing your cute little Hexagon flowers makes it Awfully Tempting.. :)
    Have a wonderful rest of the day!!
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jewels stars turned out so pretty... I wish I would have made better use of my car traveling / kids sports watching time this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahington is home for me! The pictures of the beach sure do make me homesick!! Our favorite thing to do was day trips to the Lighthouses nearby!!
    Your hexagons are just too cute!! The sewing basket is very adorable and I love the change you made to the basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I've finally joined the hex bandwagon, maybe diamonds are next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet hexies, LOVE your sewing basket and beach bag. I will have to check out that shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such prettiness Kerri!! Love your sweet liner and Jewel Stars quilt!! Can't wait to see it finished. Happy weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I could sit and watch those sail boats drift on by all day long. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good looking handmade designs you have here. I really really appreciate this, it's something wonderful that everybody can appreciate. My bridal pearl jewelry appreciates this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUCH LOVELY FABRICS!
    LOVELY BLOG TOO!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your beach tote lining! It goes so perfectly with the wicker tote. Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog and your gorgeous fabrics in your etsy shop. You can probably hear my husband groaning all the way in Washington because I've found more fabric to buy (lol)! I want to make the jewel stars, it is just lovely. Do you sell the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!