Thursday, June 2, 2011

vintage farfalle

This week I pulled out a project I had started over a month ago, the vintage farfalle quilt. I had most the squares cut, but didn't get to sewing them since I got a little sidetracked on a couple other projects. I have a hard time with that. Always so many things I want to do, that I might start something, but can easily get sidetracked.

I've sewed all the small blocks together, and now I need to sew the quilt top together. I'm so excited that this is starting to come together quickly!!

These are such fun and easy blocks. I cut all my squares at 4 1/2 inches, and cut my pattern squares in half to make two triangles. I then sewed them on a corner like you do in one of the steps of the wonky star block. Easy peasy!!

I love the springy colors!! It will be a perfect quilt for spring and summer!

A pretty bowl of scraps!! I have such a hard time throwing them away!!


My inspiration came from this lovely quilt from Blue Elephant Stitches, which was inspired by Ashely's farfalle quilt! When I saw it on Pinterest quite some time ago, it went straight to the top of my list!! I pretty much kept mine the same except for adding pink, and then am alternating the way the triangles are going in each row.


I better get to sewing the rows together so I can have the quilt top done!!

Hope you are having a fabulous Thursday!!


16 comments:

  1. As simple as it is, I really love this quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that design every time I see it. The alternating triangles is a nice touch. Looking forward to the finished top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the farfelle and all of the variations I've seen. Your's will be so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is going to be a darling quilt. I love the use of solids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So super cute! This is going on my list now too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity and the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable. This is a true example of when simple is best. I'm loving it. And don't even joke about throwing that bowl of scraps away. There are plenty of new quilters like me out here in blogland that would be thrilled to have scraps to help build up our stash. So don't joke, okey-doke? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your addition of pink! It's going to be one sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo what a fantastic quilt. I have way too many scraps that I can't part with. What a brilliant way to use them! Thanks for sharing that idea!
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i must say, when i saw the WIP photos i wasnt to sure .. but my word what a simple quilt that just looks amazing!! just stunning ...

    cleo
    cleo (at) techgear.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely love it! the simplicity makes it stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling quilt! I love your scrap basket, I thought I was the only one who kept my prettiest little scraps out to enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is gorgeous. i so love those solid colours. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!